Carrier Rental Program
For a variety of reasons we are changing our Carrier Rental Program. While we undergo this change, our rental carriers will be limited.
Two Rental Services Available
Option One: “Sleep On It”
You’ve tried the carrier on, you’re pretty sure this is the one that will work for you, but you’re still a little nervous about making this huge purchase. The Sleep On It Trial is for you. With this trial you may be able to come into the store without an appointment and take a rental home (if it is available).
Here’s how it works:
- You choose one carrier, pick out the color/fabric design you would like for that carrier and pay for it.
- We will put the carrier you chose on hold for you, and you will take home our trial carrier.
- You have 3 days to play with our trial carrier at home and make sure it is the right choice for you.
- When you bring the trial carrier back, you will exchange it for the carrier you have on hold.
Benefits of this trial:
- There is no charge for this trial. You pay the regular price for the brand new carrier you are choosing, but there is no additional charge for the trial.
- There is no risk. If after the three days you decide you do not like the carrier you had out on trial, you can receive a full refund for the carrier you had on hold, or you can choose to apply the payment to another carrier.
Fine print: If you keep the trial carrier for longer than 3 days and decide not to purchase the carrier you have on hold, we will deduct $1 per day beyond the 3 day trial. This is the only fee that could be incurred with this trial.
Carriers that are available under this trial: Beco Gemini, Beco Butterfly, BabyHawk Oh Snap, BabyHawk Mei Tai, Boba 3G, Wrapsody Stretch Hybrid
Please call or email to confirm immediate availability on any of these carriers. We only keep one carrier in each style for this trial, so the carrier may not be available if you just stop in without inquiring first.
Option Two: Two Week Trial
This trial is created for families who do not know which carrier they want. You must take at least two carriers home at a time. If you have narrowed it down to one carrier, the Sleep On It Trial is for you. With at least two carriers and a two week trial, you can compare the features of different brands and determine which carrier would be the best for you to choose.
Here’s How It Works:
- You must make an appointment. We cannot let carriers go out as rentals without a pre-scheduled appointment. This is to make sure we have the carriers you want available at the time you want them and to go over all the safety precautions when renting our carriers. Appointments can be made online (coming soon) or by email.
- Each carrier you take home has a $5 rental fee for the two weeks (minimum $10) and a $20-50 carrier deposit which turns into store credit for the purchase of the carrier you have decided on. Most Two Week Trials will cost $80-100 at the time of your appointment.
- Take our trial carriers home, play with them for the two weeks. Take them out, use them when you’re in, make sure to give them a lot of use so you can decide which carrier is right for you.
- Bring the rental carriers back to Sprout Soup. Your deposit is available for use to purchase a new carrier, or if you are still unsure, you can apply your credits towards another rental period for different carriers.
Benefits of this trial:
- Try two or more carriers side by side to help make your decision easier.
- You get two full weeks to play with the carriers, let your partner try it out and really put it through its paces before deciding which one to buy.
Fine Print: We can only hold your carrier rental credit for two weeks after your last trial ends. You should be ready to purchase a carrier when starting this trial as we would hate for you to lose your credits! Please do not wash the carriers you are renting! We wash between rental periods, but should you need to clean up an ‘oops,’ please just spot clean with water. We no longer offer our rental carriers for purchase. Please return your rentals and purchase from our available stock.
Carriers that are available under this trial: Please email for current trial carrier inventory. Every carrier we offer for sale is not available for rent at this time. We hope to up the number of rentals we have available, but this process will take some time.